Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- CAST 2014: Count Down to webCAST 2014 A quick update about the webCAST. We are officially 3 weeks ago from the conference and preparations are in full swing for the livestream. Like last year we will be streaming keynotes, full sessions, and “CAST Live”. We will also have the tweet printer online so you can ask questions via twitter. So nothing new ...
- Education SIG – Leadership Change By: Michael Larsen
Three years ago at this time, I took on a challenge that no one else wanted to take on. I realized that there was a lot at stake if someone didn’t , and thus a practitioner, with little academic experience, took over a role that Cem Kaner ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Nominations Open 2014-2015 Board of Directors Nominations Now Open
The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors (BOD) is now open. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to the BOD election slate, please be aware of the following information:
Nominees must have become AST Members prior to August 11, 2013
Nominees must have a demonstrated ...
- CAST 2014: SOLD OUT We are sold out
It’s official we are sold out! We look forward to seeing everyone in NYC!
Don’t forget that we will be live streaming this year and will be featuring both keynotes and full track sessions. The live stream is free; so join us online for webCAST 2014 August 12-13.
Learn More »
- CAST 2014: Selling out
We are selling out!
Three tutorials have already sold out and we are at record attendance. There are only 14 seats left for the conference because we limit attendance to 250.
What does this all mean? You need to register soon to guarantee your seat!
Learn More »
Attend CAST online for FREE!
Can’t make it to CAST? ...
- CAST 2014: PerScholas Grant Program Continuing our commitment to advancing and encouraging skilled software testing, we are proud to announce the CAST 2014 PerScholas grant program.
AST will provide 10 PerScholas STEP students or graduates, a complimentary conference pass to our yearly conference, August 12-13 at the Kimmel Center in New York City. In addition, AST will accept donations in $1US increments, through August 1, ...
- CAST 2014: Tutorials Selling Out
Our pre-conference tutorials are filling up; two have sold out and one has just 1 seat left. We encourage you to register soon so you don’t miss out on your chosen tutorial. In addition we are seeing near record attendance and the conference is limited to 250 attendees. Don’t miss your chance to attend CAST ...
- AST NYC Meetup The Association for Software Testing is hosting a testing meetup in NYC June 26th, from 6-9 pm. This meetup is your opportunity to learn more about AST, CAST (Aug 11-13th), and to network with testing professionals in and around NYC. Space is limited, you must register to attend. Thanks and we hope to see you ...
CAST Platinum Sponsor