Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- WHOSE Update: Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing by Justin Rohrman
Twelve months ago, the first Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing (WHOSE) took place in West Lake, Ohio just outside of Cleveland. This was an AST Event, the goal of which was to produce a list of skills that were important for software testers. The principles of the Context Driven Testing school immediately ...
- CAST 2015 – Call for Participation
Call for Participation
We invite you to share your stories, thoughts, observations, and demonstrations surrounding your experiences about Moving Testing Forward with your fellow testers at CAST 2015.
We are seeking abstracts and proposals in line with the conference theme for either a presentation of up to 40 minutes, with 20 minutes of discussion time, OR a ...
- CAST 2015: Save the Date August 3-5
The Association for Software Testing is pleased to announce its tenth annual conference, CAST 2015 “Moving Testing Forward,” to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 3-5.
Since our first CAST we have seen dramatic changes in the nature of communications and the nature of delivery, from PC to client/server to the web and web services. ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Election Results Polls closed at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 12. After verifying and counting ballots, we are pleased announce the new and returning members of the Board of Directors are:
Erik Davis (new)
Alessandra Moreira (new)
Justin Rohrman (new)
Keith Klain (re-elected)
The new members of the Board will be sworn into office at the next meeting of the ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Elections The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors is officially closed. Thank you to those who provided nominations. There are four open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
AST members will be voting electronically on August 11th at 12:00 am (GMT) – August ...
- AST Grant Report – OZWST 2014 in Review By David Greenlees
Richard Robinson (Facilitator)
James Bach (Content Owner)
David Greenlees (Organiser/Logistics)
This year the Australian Workshop of Software Testing (OZWST) headed to sunny Brisbane in Queensland, Australia; well, it was sunny for one of the two days. One of my goals for OZWST was to make it accessible to ...
- CAST 2014: Count Down to webCAST 2014 A quick update about the webCAST. We are officially 3 weeks ago from the conference and preparations are in full swing for the livestream. Like last year we will be streaming keynotes, full sessions, and “CAST Live”. We will also have the tweet printer online so you can ask questions via twitter. So nothing new ...
- Education SIG – Leadership Change By: Michael Larsen
Three years ago at this time, I took on a challenge that no one else wanted to take on. I realized that there was a lot at stake if someone didn’t , and thus a practitioner, with little academic experience, took over a role that Cem Kaner ...
CAST Platinum Sponsor