Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- CAST 2015: Early-Bird Ends June 5th Early-Bird Ends Soon!
Don’t miss out; register by June 5th and save up to $400 with our “Early Bird” discount.
Don’t forget attendance is limited to 250 and CAST sold out last year, so register soon to secure your seat.
This year’s conference includes:
4 Full-Day Tutorials
26 Breakout Sessions
Packages and Pricing »
Learn more about CAST »
Need a ...
- Managers, Why Send Your Staff to CAST? By Pete Walen,
Conference Chair, CAST 2015
I recently received an email extolling the virtues of a conference that “delivered proven results” in place of theory. I smiled at the email, partly because what they offered was more of what I have come to look at as commercial content, aimed at making fancy glossy fliers and not ...
- 2015-2016 Board of Directors Nominations Are Open 2015-2016 Board of Directors Nominations Now Open
The nomination period for the 2015-2016 Board of Directors (BOD) is now open. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to the BOD election slate, please be aware of the following information:
Nominees must have become AST Members prior to August 4, 2014
Nominees must have a demonstrated ...
- This Month In Whose This month in WHOSE we are are doing something different. Rather than adding more content from the original WHOSE workshop, we are featuring the work of our community of software testers. Anna Royzman and Lalit Bhamare have created two new entries in the Association For Software Testing WHOSE wiki describing skills that have been important ...
- What can you do in Grand Rapids when not at CAST? Good question!
When downtown in Grand Rapids, you are 30 minutes from Lake Michigan, one of the five Great Lakes – the fresh water inland seas that sandy beaches and fishing for trout, salmon and other sport fish. You can tour the Grand River itself. The Grand Lady Riverboat has regular cruises of around two hours ...
- AST and PerScholas – Bringing Software Testing to the Bronx and Beyond By Michael Larsen
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to participate in one of AST’s tri-annual board meetings. This time, it was suggested that we hold it in The Bronx, specifically so that we could see the progress and impact of what PerScholas is doing to impact the community. We were given a tour of ...
- CAST 2015: webCAST – Full Schedule webCAST Schedule
The full webCAST schedule is now live!
We will be streaming two days worth of keynotes, sessions, and our evening show “CAST Live” all for free! No need to provide any personal information just tune in and enjoy real sessions happening live. Want to participate? You can! We will have the tweet printer online so ...
- CAST 2015 – Full Program Announced We are pleased to announce the Full Program for AST’s tenth annual conference, CAST 2015.
This year’s program includes:
26 Breakout Sessions
View the full Schedule
As always with CAST, there will be plenty of opportunity for discussion, debate and consideration of the myriad aspects around software testing. So join us this summer in downtown Grand Rapids ...