Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Election Results Polls closed at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 12. After verifying and counting ballots, we are pleased announce the new and returning members of the Board of Directors are:
Erik Davis (new)
Alessandra Moreira (new)
Justin Rohrman (new)
Keith Klain (re-elected)
The new members of the Board will be sworn into office at the next meeting of the ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Elections The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors is officially closed. Thank you to those who provided nominations. There are four open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
AST members will be voting electronically on August 11th at 12:00 am (GMT) – August ...
- AST Grant Report – OZWST 2014 in Review By David Greenlees
Richard Robinson (Facilitator)
James Bach (Content Owner)
David Greenlees (Organiser/Logistics)
This year the Australian Workshop of Software Testing (OZWST) headed to sunny Brisbane in Queensland, Australia; well, it was sunny for one of the two days. One of my goals for OZWST was to make it accessible to ...
- CAST 2014: Count Down to webCAST 2014 A quick update about the webCAST. We are officially 3 weeks ago from the conference and preparations are in full swing for the livestream. Like last year we will be streaming keynotes, full sessions, and “CAST Live”. We will also have the tweet printer online so you can ask questions via twitter. So nothing new ...
- Education SIG – Leadership Change By: Michael Larsen
Three years ago at this time, I took on a challenge that no one else wanted to take on. I realized that there was a lot at stake if someone didn’t , and thus a practitioner, with little academic experience, took over a role that Cem Kaner ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Nominations Open 2014-2015 Board of Directors Nominations Now Open
The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors (BOD) is now open. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to the BOD election slate, please be aware of the following information:
Nominees must have become AST Members prior to August 11, 2013
Nominees must have a demonstrated ...
- CAST 2014: SOLD OUT We are sold out
It’s official we are sold out! We look forward to seeing everyone in NYC!
Don’t forget that we will be live streaming this year and will be featuring both keynotes and full track sessions. The live stream is free; so join us online for webCAST 2014 August 12-13.
Learn More »
- CAST 2014: Selling out
We are selling out!
Three tutorials have already sold out and we are at record attendance. There are only 14 seats left for the conference because we limit attendance to 250.
What does this all mean? You need to register soon to guarantee your seat!
Learn More »
Attend CAST online for FREE!
Can’t make it to CAST? ...
CAST Platinum Sponsor