CAST 2015 Livestream
NOTE: German Viewers Go Here
Learn More »
Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- CAST 2015: Count Down to webCAST 2015 The webCAST is only days away and we are making final preparations for the trip to Grand Rapids. For this year’s livestream we are using Youtube Live to avoid some of the annoying commercials and so we can broadcast in HD.
Three ways to watch:
Session “Watch Live” Button
Like last year we will be streaming ...
- 2015-2016 Board of Directors Elections The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors is officially closed. Thank you to those who provided nominations. There are three open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
Ilari Henrik Aegerter
AST members will be voting electronically from August 2nd at 12:00 am (GMT) through August ...
- Why CAST? Thoughts from the Conference Chair for CAST 2015 Why CAST?
It is a good question. I was asked that by a manager I had several years ago and it is still relevant.
For the last 13 months, I have been working on the preparations for CAST 2015. I’ve organized two day music events for 800 of our closest friends. I’ve been part of the organization ...
- Lesson Learned Leading Context Driven Testers by Alex Bantz and Jeffrey Woodard
Having experienced context driven testers as part of your team can be a lot like having a highly intelligent child. We expect that both you and your testers are adults, but the relationship dynamics are similar. Even though you are their leader/manager, you must be willing to accept that they ...
- This Month In Whose (July) This month in WHOSE we are going with a leadership theme and have a new entry from Smita Mishra.
Smita is an entrepreneur and has founded QAZone Infosystems, which is a software testing organization. She has been practicing software testing for the last 14 years and enjoys problem solving for her customers with or without software ...
- Host City Challenge and Discount Want to go to CAST and sad that you missed the Early Bird deadline?
Here’s a chance to get a special discount!
Successfully answer the questions in the Grand Rapids Trivia Challenge and you’ll get a promotion code at the end of the challenge to save $150 off your CAST 2015 registration!
Register by July 12 for the ...
- CAST Beer Testing Tour Grand Rapids has been featured in several beer magazines and was named “Beer City” for the number an quality of the breweries that call the city home. It only seems reasonable then to make arrangements for people visiting Grand Rapids for CAST to visit some of these establishments.
Monday evening, after the tutorials and before the ...
- What’s New In BBST Association For Software Testing began an experiment in online training courses in August of 2007 with the first version of Foundations. In 2008, Bug Advocacy was added, and in 2011 we added Test Design and the instructors course. We had a fairly significant platform upgrade last year, and have done small updates here and there ...