Our Mission and Purpose
The Association for Software Testing is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the science and practice of software testing according to Context-Driven principles.
The Association for Software Testing (AST) is an international non-profit professional association with members in over 50 countries. AST is dedicated and strives to build a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant, and essential to the production of faster, better, and less expensive software products. We value a scientific approach to developing and evaluating techniques, processes, and tools. We believe that a self-aware, self-critical attitude is essential to understanding and assessing the impact of new ideas on the practice of testing.
Learn more »
- Speak Easy and CAST 2015 We are pleased to announce that we are pairing with Speak Easy, a program developed by Anne-Marie Charrett and Fiona Charles, to foster, mentor and encourage experienced professionals who are new to speaking at conferences and other public events.
With an impressive pool of mentors to draw on, Speak Easy participants will find their voice, define ...
- CAST Is Turning TEN YEARS OLD and We’re Throwing a Party! We’re having a party at this year’s CAST – the Conference of the Association for Software Testing. Games and Cake and Friends and learning and growing.
Much has changed since our first CAST and the Association for Software Testing is excited about putting on our best Conference ever! CAST prides itself on being a conference where ...
- Tips For a Good CAST 2015 Proposal Tips For a Good CAST 2015 Proposal
By Justin Rohrman
The CFP for CAST 2015 is in full swing now. We’ve been getting proposals, but as the end gets closer that trickle will turn into a flood. Below are a few thoughts for you to consider before you submit your proposal. These are some of the things ...
- WHOSE Update: Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing by Justin Rohrman
Twelve months ago, the first Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing (WHOSE) took place in West Lake, Ohio just outside of Cleveland. This was an AST Event, the goal of which was to produce a list of skills that were important for software testers. The principles of the Context Driven Testing school immediately ...
- CAST 2015 – Call for Participation
Call for Participation
We invite you to share your stories, thoughts, observations, and demonstrations surrounding your experiences about Moving Testing Forward with your fellow testers at CAST 2015.
We are seeking abstracts and proposals in line with the conference theme for either a presentation of up to 40 minutes, with 20 minutes of discussion time, OR a ...
- CAST 2015: Save the Date August 3-5
The Association for Software Testing is pleased to announce its tenth annual conference, CAST 2015 “Moving Testing Forward,” to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 3-5.
Since our first CAST we have seen dramatic changes in the nature of communications and the nature of delivery, from PC to client/server to the web and web services. ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Election Results Polls closed at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 12. After verifying and counting ballots, we are pleased announce the new and returning members of the Board of Directors are:
Erik Davis (new)
Alessandra Moreira (new)
Justin Rohrman (new)
Keith Klain (re-elected)
The new members of the Board will be sworn into office at the next meeting of the ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Elections The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors is officially closed. Thank you to those who provided nominations. There are four open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
AST members will be voting electronically on August 11th at 12:00 am (GMT) – August ...