- Host City Challenge and Discount Want to go to CAST and sad that you missed the Early Bird deadline?
Here’s a chance to get a special discount!
Successfully answer the questions in the Grand Rapids Trivia Challenge and you’ll get a promotion code at the end of the challenge to save $150 off your CAST 2015 registration!
Register by July 12 for the ...
- CAST Beer Testing Tour Grand Rapids has been featured in several beer magazines and was named “Beer City” for the number an quality of the breweries that call the city home. It only seems reasonable then to make arrangements for people visiting Grand Rapids for CAST to visit some of these establishments.
Monday evening, after the tutorials and before the ...
- Countdown to CAST Space is limited!
Last year, CAST hit capacity at 250 participants and sold out. This year seats are going fast! Don’t miss out, reserve your seat at CAST 2015 now.
UPDATE: Two tutorials are sold out. There are still seats for two, but they are limited. If you want a tutorial act quickly!
Learn more here »
- Testing Webinar: Driving While Driven: The Way of the Skilled Tester AST is pleased to announce a webinar on software testing with James Bach on Context-Driven Testing.
This is a presentation about taking responsibility for your testing. The first step is to gently put aside your parents’ rules. The Context-Driven School of testing means each tester is his own methodologist. We do testing by tools and means ...
- What can you do in Grand Rapids when not at CAST? Good question!
When downtown in Grand Rapids, you are 30 minutes from Lake Michigan, one of the five Great Lakes – the fresh water inland seas that sandy beaches and fishing for trout, salmon and other sport fish. You can tour the Grand River itself. The Grand Lady Riverboat has regular cruises of around two hours ...
- What Does AST Mean to You? When I accepted the role of President of AST in August of 2014, it came from being involved in the details of what we do as the Treasurer and as the Chair of the Education Special Interest Group (now the Education Committee). In those roles, I had two main focuses; keep the education initiatives moving, ...
- CAST 2015: Tutorials Announced & Early Bird Registration is Open We are excited to announce the pre-conference Tutorials for AST’s tenth annual conference, CAST 2015. This year’s tutorials are offered by practitioners, thought leaders, and experts in testing to address a variety of social, organizational, scientific and technical skills needed by test professionals and their leaders.
Join us this summer for our tenth annual conference in downtown Grand ...
- Speak Easy and CAST 2015 We are pleased to announce that we are pairing with Speak Easy, a program developed by Anne-Marie Charrett and Fiona Charles, to foster, mentor and encourage experienced professionals who are new to speaking at conferences and other public events.
With an impressive pool of mentors to draw on, Speak Easy participants will find their voice, define ...
- CAST Is Turning TEN YEARS OLD and We’re Throwing a Party! We’re having a party at this year’s CAST – the Conference of the Association for Software Testing. Games and Cake and Friends and learning and growing.
Much has changed since our first CAST and the Association for Software Testing is excited about putting on our best Conference ever! CAST prides itself on being a conference where ...
- Tips For a Good CAST 2015 Proposal Tips For a Good CAST 2015 Proposal
By Justin Rohrman
The CFP for CAST 2015 is in full swing now. We’ve been getting proposals, but as the end gets closer that trickle will turn into a flood. Below are a few thoughts for you to consider before you submit your proposal. These are some of the things ...
- WHOSE Update: Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing by Justin Rohrman
Twelve months ago, the first Workshop on Self-Education in Software Testing (WHOSE) took place in West Lake, Ohio just outside of Cleveland. This was an AST Event, the goal of which was to produce a list of skills that were important for software testers. The principles of the Context Driven Testing school immediately ...
- CAST 2015 – Call for Participation
Call for Participation
We invite you to share your stories, thoughts, observations, and demonstrations surrounding your experiences about Moving Testing Forward with your fellow testers at CAST 2015.
We are seeking abstracts and proposals in line with the conference theme for either a presentation of up to 40 minutes, with 20 minutes of discussion time, OR a ...
- CAST 2015: Save the Date August 3-5
The Association for Software Testing is pleased to announce its tenth annual conference, CAST 2015 “Moving Testing Forward,” to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 3-5.
Since our first CAST we have seen dramatic changes in the nature of communications and the nature of delivery, from PC to client/server to the web and web services. ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Election Results Polls closed at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 12. After verifying and counting ballots, we are pleased announce the new and returning members of the Board of Directors are:
Erik Davis (new)
Alessandra Moreira (new)
Justin Rohrman (new)
Keith Klain (re-elected)
The new members of the Board will be sworn into office at the next meeting of the ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Director Elections – Polls are Open! The Elections for the Board of Directors are officially OPEN!
There are four open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
AST members are able to vote electronically TODAY, August 11th through August 13th at 7:00PM Eastern Time/12:00 am (GMT). In order to participate in the ...
- 2014-2015 Board of Directors Elections The nomination period for the 2014-2015 Board of Directors is officially closed. Thank you to those who provided nominations. There are four open spots on the board this year and these are the candidates:
AST members will be voting electronically on August 11th at 12:00 am (GMT) – August ...
- AST Grant Report – OZWST 2014 in Review By David Greenlees
Richard Robinson (Facilitator)
James Bach (Content Owner)
David Greenlees (Organiser/Logistics)
This year the Australian Workshop of Software Testing (OZWST) headed to sunny Brisbane in Queensland, Australia; well, it was sunny for one of the two days. One of my goals for OZWST was to make it accessible to ...
- AST Grant Report – NOTiCE By Erik Davis
I am the founder and head organizer of NOTiCE (Northern Ohio Testers in Collaborative Engagement). The purpose of this meet up is to give local testers somewhere to meet and talk about testing. We struggled initially with where to host the event. We tried a coffee shop, but found the space too limiting. ...
- The State of AST – A Personal Retrospective By: Benjamin Yaroch
Since April 14th 2004 AST has had numerous milestones and successes. From gaining non-profit status in October 2004, to the first conference in 2006, to the first BBST class in 2007. More recently we have added additional BBST classes, forged new training partnerships with SummerQAmp and PerScholas, and funded local groups and several ...
- The Next Generation of Testers By Erik Davis
I’ve been thinking for some time (where some time = on and off for the past few years) that trying to find new testers is far more difficult than it should be. I’ve been in enough discussion threads in the past year to feel comfortable saying I am not alone in this thought.
- Learn How to Program in 21 Days (or so) By Markus Gartner
Do you know the joke about how to become an expert in C++ in 21 days? You learn the basics in days 1-21, and continue to the advanced topics in days 22-3648. Then you learn enough about physics and biology to build a time machine, and an age-reversion potion. Then you travel back ...
- AST Grant Report – OZWST 2013 in Review By David Greenlees
David Greenlees (Facilitator)
Rob Sabourin (Content Owner)
Paulo Lai (Logistics/Venue)
Henrik Andersson (day 2)
Having ‘shadowed’ Scott Barber’s facilitation of OZWST 2012 it was now my turn. Lucky for me I took several notes during that collaboration with Scott and to add to that Paul ...
- The Grant Program: AST’s Best-Kept Secret By Matthew Heusser
If you belong to the Association for Software Testing, you probably know about BBST, our flagship training course. You certainly know about CAST, our annual gathering.
You might or might not know about our grant program. If you know about it, you might not be sure how to take advantage of it. So let ...
- The Third Kiwi Workshop on Software Testing By Oliver Erlewein
It’s winter in the southern hemisphere: The weather is getting cold and windy, and people are staying inside. But not all! Testers from all over Australia and New Zealand were flocking to one of the testing highlights of the year, the two day long Kiwi Workshop on Software Testing (KWST) held in Wellington, ...
- STiFS in Review By Bernie Berger
The ninth meeting of the Software Testing in Financial Services workshop (STiFS) took place on Sunday & Monday May 19-20 at the NYC headquarters of Liquidnet. With 11 participants from 8 different financial organizations and traveling from 5 different US States, the atmosphere was warm and the discussions focused.
Our theme was “Organizational Structure Models for Test Groups ...