Over the past several days, I’ve had some fun suggesting to people that want to write, or to present, that they consider picking up Gerald Weinberg’s book “Weinberg on Writing: the Fieldstone Method”. If you want to become a better writer, it helps to …
Ahhh, the sweet feeling of freedom. Today is my first day back at work (in person) in three weeks, and to celebrate, I’m going to a meet up tonight in Los Altos. Hey, you celebrate your way, I’ll celebrate mine :).Seriously, though, I’m excited about t…
It’s been said by a number of people I listen to and admire that software testers are, in their heart of hearts, armchair epistemologists. The ideas of what we know, why we think we know it, and the ramifications of what we know is a topic that I perso…
I am booked to speak at several international conferences during the remainder of this year where I have availability immediately before and/or after to conduct consulting/training for companies or groups local to the conference. Any cost savings I rea…
I am booked to speak at several international conferences during the remainder of this year where I have availability immediately before and/or after to conduct consulting/training for companies or groups local to the conference. Any cost savings I realize by extending my trips (as opposed to making completely separate trips) will be passed on to paying clients. I’m looking forward to working with the folks who take advantage of this rare opportunity.
Specifically, I am available to the “first signed” clients for the following dates in the following locations:
- September 9-13 and/or September 18-20; in/around Prague,Czech Republic (before/after Agile Prague)
- October 7-11; in/around Sydney, Australia (before iqnite)
- October 22-25; in/around Waterloo, Canada (after Targeting Quality)
- October 28-November 1 and/or November 11-15; in/around Malmö, Sweden (before/after Øredev)
- Training/Consulting Services: these services range in duration from as short as 1 day to as long as 2 business weeks and have a base rate of U$2,000/day plus travel/lodging expenses. Discounted rates and/or reduced expense reimbursement may be available based on a client’s willingness/ability to work within potentially inflexible travel constraints.
- Rapid Performance Testing: available in 1-day lecture & demo and 2-day hands-on your current project formats.
- Lifecycle Application Performance Management: available in 1-day lecture & discussion (goes great with Rapid Performance Testing!), and 3-5 day classroom + project/product/corporate implementation mentoring formats.
- Performant Application Delivery Assessment & Improvement Strategy Development: available in abbreviated 4-5 day or standard 8-10 day formats. (Assessment & Strategy Development portions need not be consecutive and may be separated by, for example, a conference).
- Coaching/Mentoring Services: these services are custom designed and delivered to address your specific need or request based on pre-engagement conversations with me. Duration and pricing are commensurate with degree of customization required and willingness/ability to work within potentially inflexible travel constraints.
- Executive Coaching: (1-on-1 coaching for executives who want to get more from, gain an understanding of, or optimize the company’s investment in testing)
- One-on-One Performance Test Mentoring: (one senior performance architect/engineer/tester with one or more currently active projects)
- Performance Testing in Sprint Coaching: (performance-centric members of currently active Sprint team with some whole team interaction)
- Deliver Performant Code/Stories Coaching: (development-centric members of currently active project)
- Transitioning to Agile Testing / Increasing in Sprint Test Effectiveness Coaching: (test-centric members of currently active Sprint team with some whole team interaction)
- Performance Tester Coaching: (performance-centric members of a single in-progress project)
- Aligning Testing Programs with Business Value Coaching: (joint sessions with executive management, product/project management, and test-centric team members)
- Product-Level Test Strategy & Design Mentoring: (1-on-1 or small groups – typically project or higher test directors/managers/leads plus some interaction with program/product/project director/manager/owner)
I don’t produce software systems.
I help those who do produce software systems do it better.
I am a tester.
Heh, I see what you’re doing there. You’re thinking “Oh, Michael, you are so lame. Mis-spelling your main idea in the title. Seriously? Didn’t someone proof read this first?”OK, I’d not be offended if some of you actually have thought that, especially …
For a good number of you, this is probably already old news. For some of you, this may be new. In either case, I would like to thank Lalit Bhamare and the staff of Tea Time With Testers for featuring me not once, but twice, in the July 2013 issue.First…
As many of you are aware, there was an airliner coming from Seoul, Korea that crashed upon landing at San Francisco International Airport Saturday, July 6, 2013. Much has been said in the news about the crash, and much will probably be said in the foll…
Maybe it’s just me, but the whole “which Agile project management tool should we use” debate drives me nuts. Maybe it’s just me, who can’t understand what “Agile project management” means to start with. Try to think in products, not in projects. Your product portfolio is the bigger problem, not how you taylor the work […]
Damn, well I’m certainly glad the transponder worked.Yesterday I did the 6km Tough Guy n Gal challenge, and this is one of the first thoughts that came to my mind.Why? – You might ask.Well, I spent 1 hour, 19 minutes and 55 seconds crawling through mud…